C/C++ Cross-Reference Tool
It is easier to write a new code than to understand an old one. John von Neumann, Letter to Marston Morse, April 23rd 1952
SourceXR is a cross-reference tool for C and C++ source code.
It uses clang to parse the source files and extract semantic information and references about:
- types: classes, struct, typedef, enum
- functions: member and nonmember
- include files
- template instantiations (C++)
- full-text search
- code browser
- and more...
With SourceXR get more insights of your source code:
- Thanks to clang, a compiler which understands C and C++, SourceXR builds the actual relationships between source code objects.
- SourceXR does not use a lexical analysis, but a semantic analysis, enriched with source code object characteristics (functions calls, class hierarchies, object references, cross-references between objects, etc), you will no longer follow a wrong path!
- SourceXR is a code reading and a code comprehension tool: it generates HTML pages, with intuitive navigation. You will read and understand your source code faster. Additionaly, full-text search and specific search modes are available to narrow search to types, functions, and macros, or to specific references, for example, function callers, type hierarchies, etc).
- You can use it to assess potential impacts of developments to your code base.